Sail in to Lakeside and Stay Awhile!
Lakeside is a welcoming beach-town neighborhood and business district along the shoreline of Muskegon Lake in Michigan. Running through, and leading to Pere Marquette Beach, is Lakeshore Drive. Dotting this road are charming shops, an art gallery, dining, distillery and sweets worth making the trip for!
Bring Your Boat
Reserve a transient slip and sail in from Lake Michigan via the Muskegon channel to Torresen Marine. Located on Muskegon Lake, this all-service stop has been greeting Great Lake sailors since 1965.
Take the Ferry
Bring your car, trailer, motorcycle, bicycle or just your luggage! The Lake Express High Speed Ferry provides contemporary, convenient, coast-to-coast service from Milwaukee to Muskegon in just 2-1/2 hours. It is surely a scenic and relaxing way to travel.
Rent a Bike
Lake Effect Sport offers hourly, daily, and weekly bicycle and e-bike rentals. Choose a 3-speed City Comfort or 16-speed mountain bikes from Detroit Bikes. Or try a Sondors Electric Bike. If you need bike accessories, tubes, tires or repairs - they can help!
Award Winning Whiskey
Wonderland Distillery is located in the Lakeside Business District. In 2021 they were nominated by USA Today 10Best for the Best New Craft Distillery award and took 2nd place nationwide. And they just keep winning awards and medals. Plan your visit to coincide with one of their live music shows, trivia night...and meal time for great food!
Read more about Muskegon Distilleries HERE
The new Lakeside Social District means you can take that cocktail to-go! This area includes Wonderland Distillery and Marine Tap Room and stretches from Moon to Addison Street on the north side of Lakeshore Drive. Some sections on the south side of Lakeshore Drive are also included.
Read more about Muskegon Social Districts HERE
Take a Tour
Hop aboard the SS Milwaukee Clipper and take a step back in time. This steamship is listed on the Historical National Landmark and is the oldest passenger ship on the Great Lakes. Tours include the pilothouse, some staterooms, crew quarters, beautiful bar and wooden dance floor, soda bowl, movie theater, collection of model ships and a room filled with nostalgic memorabilia. Design lovers will love the large collection of original Art Deco furniture, designed by Warren McArthur.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth:
- Frosty Cove serves up scoops of happiness and all your favorite summer sweets: glaciers, malts, and hard or soft serve ice cream.
- Lakeside Emporium has been providing service with a smile since 2003 in their nostalgic, filled-to-the-brim shop.
- Yummy Delights on the Lakeshore, tucked inside Lakeside Centre, is filled with sweet, savory and beautiful made-from-scratch delights.
- A taste of the tropics from Tiki Boiz.
- Shopping at Wasserman's Flowers and Gifts (Muskegon's oldest business!), Shop Wahine (Lakeside's newest business!), Art Cats Gallery, BananaDog, and Lakeside Landing.
- The Muskegon Lakeshore Trail is a paved 12-mile trail following the shoreline of Muskegon Lake from Pere Marquette beach to North Muskegon.
- Follow Lakeshore Drive and spend some time at Pere Marquette Beach. Named “Best Michigan Beach” by USA Today. Two and a-half miles of sugar-sand beach offers play and picnic areas, a walkable pier and channel, outdoor art installations, a 200’ accessible walkway, 2 light towers and waterfront dining at (very popular!) “The Deck”.