Submit an Event
Thank you for taking the opportunity to list your event on Visit Muskegon’s calendar! Our calendar is primarily focused on art, entertainment and cultural events.
Visit Muskegon’s Event Calendar Guidelines:
- Events must be open to the public (no members-only events)
- Events must have a universal appeal to Muskegon County locals and visitors
Events that are unlikely to be approved include (but are not limited to):
- Meetings for clubs or groups i.e.- monthly chapter meetings (this does not include special events)
- Daily ongoing events. We will be glad to include the opening event.
- Political events
- Advertising for discounts or specials at your place of business. This does NOT include special events at your establishment such as holiday celebrations, charity fundraisers, etc. We are glad to include those.
- Events that contain no entertainment value. We will make exceptions for establishments offering special holiday dinners.
How to make sure your event stands out:
- Include a detailed description of the event and any important details
- Provide a promotional image from the event
- High-resolution images are preferred, cropped at a 3:2 ratio if possible - (we recommend 600 pixels)
- Note: if the image is not at this ratio or a similar one, it will be cropped automatically and visitors may miss out on your full image
- Flyers and graphics are not ideal, and in many cases will be replaced
- Select the most appropriate event categories (you can select more than one!)
Once your event is submitted, it will be reviewed to ensure that it meets the above guidelines prior to being posted on the website. Visit Muskegon staff reviews submissions and reserves the right to approve or deny events at its own discretion. If your event is not approved, we can provide a list of other calendars that may post your event.
Additionally, by submitting imagery, you acknowledge that you are authorized to use the image for promotional purposes. You are also allowing Visit Muskegon the rights to use the photography for the purposes of promoting Muskegon County and Michigan as a visitor and convention destination in any of Visit Muskegon's promotional or marketing efforts.
Visit Muskegon has the right to change imagery and edit any descriptions to meet the needs and content requirements of Visit Muskegon's event calendar.
Your event will be reviewed and approved or denied within two (2) business days.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.